Colossians 3

“Wives, submit to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord.
Husbands, love your wives, and do not be harsh with them.
Children, obey your parents in everything, for this pleases the Lord.
Fathers, do not provoke your children, lest they become discouraged.” (Colossians 3:18-21 ESV)


These are not restrictions. These are loved lived out. Spouses who devote their marriage to God. Children who are obedient because they know their parents put God first. Fathers who instill loving discipline in the home to build their children up in the way of the Lord. These type of relationships encourage and build up our homes. As a teacher I too often see the shortcomings of these commands. As a husband, and as a new father I pray that I do everything in my home to praise God, not myself. God comes first. Always! When I fall short, I pray that my family has the grace to forgive me and put me back to giving God the glory. Let us unite our homes under the name of Jesus and live love out!



“And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.” (Colossians 3:17 ESV)

“Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ” (Colossians 3:23 ESV)

Jacob Sprengle

Comments