Aunt Clara

She wasn’t really my aunt. She was my mom’s mom’s sister, but I always called her Aunt Clara, everyone did!

She lived in Penbrook (Harrisburg) and was a loving, wonderful and godly lady who taught a women’s Bible class in her home each week. She was completely devoted to God. She never married and lived with her sister. Boy, did she know her Bible. Clearly, she was one of the reasons I am in ministry today!!

She grew old, sank into dementia (or something like it), and was moved to a nursing home. Mom and I would go and visit her. I’m not sure she always recognized us. She didn’t say much, certainly not a complete sentence…...Until, one day, out of her mouth flowed-- “Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.” 1 Corinthians 2:9 (KJV) Word perfect!

It wasn’t long before she saw and heard…

Pastor Bob

Comments

  1. Beautiful! Goes to show how important it is for us to memorize scripture while we have the ability to do so!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment